Forum

profile |  register |  members |  groups |  faq |  search  login

To BBC, re. embezzler Ahmed Chalabi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron F

Post Post subject: To BBC, re. embezzler Ahmed Chalabi Reply with quote

re. "Who's who in Post-Saddam Iraq"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/middle_east/03/post_saddam_iraq/html/secgroups_ahmed_chalabi.stm

Dear BBC,

I read with interest your reports on the major players in occupied Iraq and note that you have a section devoted to U.S. appointed Governing Council member Ahmed Chalabi and the Iraqi National Congress. I realise space may be limited but wonder whether it would be useful for you to include in this section the fact that Mr Chalabi's nephew, Ali Allawi, has been appointed by the U.S. installed Governing Council as Iraq's new Defence Minister, while another nephew, Salem Chalabi, is to be President of the Court due to try Saddam Hussein.

In view of the fact that the survey of Iraqi opinion conducted by Oxford Research International (which I believe you co-sponsored) showed that Mr Chalabi and his family had virtually no support within Iraq - 0.2% - shouldn't these significant appointments be prominently reported within this section of the BBC's website?

Best regards,

Ron F.
Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:41 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Media Lens Forum Index -> your letters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: