Forum

profile |  register |  members |  groups |  faq |  search  login

The Media: The biggest terrorist cell in the world.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidmcewan84

Post Post subject: The Media: The biggest terrorist cell in the world. Reply with quote

Hello all.

I am currently doing my end of year project in graphic design and am planning to do a few pieces on information omissions by different sources.

I can't do all the issues I'm interested in, so I'm keeping it to around two - three subjects. Mainly, the media as a terrorist cell, the fashion industry and maybe conflict chocolate or homelessness.

The one that I need help on (due to a mass amount of body type) is information on the media acting as a terrorist cell in the modern age.

The definition:

(From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism)

ter·ror·ism
   /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm]
–noun
1. The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
2. The state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. A terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

So by definition (or the idea I'm trying to get across) is that the media, when used to make a society think and act in a certain way, is acting as a terrorist cell...

Does anyone have any suggestions where to start looking. Or maybe a few sources that I can look at and tie together in a newspaper article or if anyone has an article on this and wouldn't mind sharing. Smile

Thanks for any help!

David Smile
Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Media Lens Forum Index -> Media Lens Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: