Forum

profile |  register |  members |  groups |  faq |  search  login

email to Florida Sun Sentinal RE Luis Posada Carriles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe emersberger

Post Post subject: email to Florida Sun Sentinal RE Luis Posada Carriles Reply with quote

RE: Venezuelans in Florida bolster expatriate support for Luis Posada, Spetember 1, 2008
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-flbposada0901sbsep01,0,1665191.story

Mr. Campbell:

Luis Posada Carriles is a confessed terrorist. You could have learned this by looking up articles in the New York Times. In 1998, Luis Posada Carriles boasted (in great detail) about a hotel bombing that killed an Italian tourist. Posada told the NYT

"'We just wanted to make a big scandal so that the tourists don't come anymore. We don't want any more foreign investment. ...I sleep like a baby. It is sad that someone is dead, but we can't stop,'' he added. ''That Italian was sitting in the wrong place at the wrong time.'' [1]

Your readers should be informed that their government is harbouring a terrorist.

Joe Emersberger

[1] NYT: A BOMBERS TALE: Taking Aim at Castro; Key Cuba Foe Claims Exiles' Backing : By ANN LOUISE BARDACH AND LARRY ROHTER; July 12, 1998
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:17 am
joe emersberger

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

CAMPBELL REPLIED

Joe,
I appreciate your feedback. I know Posada Carriles has a notorious history, so I was interested in getting comment from Venezuelans on the issue. Thanks again.

Alexia Campbell

MY REPLY

Why weren't you interested in telling your readers that Posada is a confessed terrorist who is harboured by your government? Isn't that the most important thing to tell people?
Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:38 am
joe emersberger

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, as a reporter I can't write my opinions about a news story. All I can do is tell facts and let other people give m$e their opinions. Since no I talked to called him a terrorist, then all I could say was that the Cuban and Venezuelan governments consider him a terrorist, which was in the story. I hope this makes sense to you. Thanks for your interest.
Alexia

MY REPLY

It is a fact - not an opinion - that Posada bragged to the NYT about bombing a hotel in Cuba that killed one person and wounded several others. It is a fact - not an opinion - that he is being shielded from accountability for that crime by the US government. You did not even have to use the word "terrorist".
Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:50 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Media Lens Forum Index -> your letters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: