Forum

profile |  register |  members |  groups |  faq |  search  login

Email to BBC News Online r.e. the Katherine Gun story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Boar

Post Post subject: Email to BBC News Online r.e. the Katherine Gun story Reply with quote

Dear Peter,

I wonder if you are aware of the above individual, and her story? She used to work at GCHQ until she turned whistle blower, and leaked US plans to bug UN delegates in an effort to influence support before the Iraq war.
She is now at court charged with breaking the Official Secrets Act. Ms Gun is being allowed to plead a 'defence of necessity', on the basis that she was exposing serious wrongdoing by the US government.
I've not seen this reported anywhere in the UK press (I can find no reference to it on BBC News Online). I had to read the NYT yesterday to find out about this UK story.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/19/opinion/19HERB.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists%2fBob%20Herbert
This sounds a rather interesting and important story given the current Iraqi situation, and given that it may set a precedent if she is successful in her defence.
Do you think this is worthy of coverage?
Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:35 pm
MarkW

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

The Observer is running the story http://observer.guardian.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,1125812,00.html
Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:32 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Media Lens Forum Index -> your letters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: