Forum

profile |  register |  members |  groups |  faq |  search  login

The Overpopulation Myth: Last refuge of the Social Darwinist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamtheb

Post Post subject: The Overpopulation Myth: Last refuge of the Social Darwinist Reply with quote

Thread originally appeared on the medialens message board...(Edit: 28/12/2011 message board links now defunct will attempt precis "asap")

Quote: "The Overpopulation Myth: Descrimination vs Sectarianism?

..on my thread Wicked Leeks I ask the question "The Overpopulation Myth: Last Refuge of the Social Darwinist?"....for I believe that such is the case. Ask any Catholic and they will tell you that the issue is a matter of divine providence (if they are cognisant of their cathechism that is), Protestants however are much more "hands-on" by inclination and therefore delcare; "there are too many people we must control the population" (and then rant on about the Malthusian J-curve). Both (in their different ways), blame the environment (one passively one actively), neither are prepared to accept the notion that they abrogate responsibilty for the planet on which they live by their attitudes.
What is perhaps even more annoying though is that I find that I am often forced to characterise/describe the debate by resorting to the rather crass device of identifying it in terms of its' sectarian nature."

NB. Please see: "Attenborough Warns on Population" (go to http://members5.boardhost.com/medialens/msg/1322171000.html ), and view all comments.

Quote: "...The CO2 Production/ Malthusian J'Curve Parallel
How is it that the (now famous), current rise in CO2 production/Rise in Global Temperature curve parallels that of the Malthusian crisis? Ans: We know what Malthus did not, that it is us not the planet who are responsible for our predicament. " Go to
http://members5.boardhost.com/medialens/msg/1322753765.html

NB. All posts to medialens message board edited here at author's descretion (it is not possible to edit comments to the medialens message board).
Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Media Lens Forum Index -> Media Lens Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: